The easiest and perhaps one of the most healthy pasta recipes is this one, Spaghetti Aglio Olio e Pepperoncino. This recipe is my mother’s go-to recipe during Italian night at our house. Simple to construct, not a lot of chopping required with only a handful of Ingredients, here’s how you can make this recipe at home.The idea is to sauté the garlic (thinly sliced) on low heat so the flavors come out the best and the garlic essence gets properly infused with the olive oil.Why Pasta Water?The salty pasta water has starch left from boiling the pasta, which really helps in adding flavor to the sauce. Not only does it add flavor, it also glues your choice of pasta with the sauce leaving a glaze. Never throw out your pasta water, always leave a ¼ cup to 1 cup out, depending upon the quantity of the pasta you are making.Let’s get on to it now.
- Garlic Rocker (Optional)
- Sauce Pan (Vessel)
- 90 ml Olive oil (approx. 6 tbsp)
- 8-10 Garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 25 gm Parsley, finely chopped (approx. 4 tsp)
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli Flakes to Taste
- Water to boil the pasta, and a bit of it later to use in the sauce.
- Spaghetti as Required
- Take a Big Vessel or Sauce Pan and fill it with Hot Water and put it on High Heat. After a few minutes, let it come to a boil and a tablespoon of Salt and Olive Oil. Once the water is boiling, add your choice of Pasta (Spaghetti, pictured above)and let it cook for around 7-10 minutes or until al-dente.
- Al Dente? Is when your Pasta is to-the-tooth. It’s both firm and chewy. Take out a piece using a fork and try it! When your Spaghetti is cooked, do not drain the water.
- In a pan, heat olive oil. Sauté the garlic on a low to medium flame.
- Add the salt and red chilli flakes, and mix till well combined. You can always revisit seasonings later, just don’t add excess.
- Just before tossing in the pasta, swirl some of the pasta water into the garlic-chili and olive oil mix and mix till well combined. Mix Pasta well at this point.
- Finish the sauce by adding in the parsley and mix well.
- Do a Taste Check! Season accordingly and serve Fresh & Hot!
That’s it! This is such an easy recipe. If you’re hungry and there’s nothing made at home. You can quickly whip this recipe up together. Enjoy with a glass of chilled White Wine! Saluti
More Like This: