Here we have is this amazing Quiche - made with chicken, mushrooms and mostly all things rich dairy! The filling for this quiche is very easy to make- won't take you more than 20 minutes, and then additional 10-15 minutes to bake. For an easy or quick way out, it's best to buy a store-bought, Pie Crust and then assemble the quiche at home. However, if you don't want to do that, and want to make your own Pie Crust, click on the link below. https://boyeatsworld.in/recipes/breads/easy-pie-crust-recipe/What is Quiche Lorraine? A French tart dish having Pastry Crust, filled with meat, cream, eggs, milk & cheese. Traditionally, a Quiche Lorraine is made with chopped bacon. However, this recipe uses Chicken done in Garlic & Butter sauce instead to add that zing to the recipe. If you're making with bacon please cut and fry the bacon before adding them to the quiche for baking. Mold UsedIf you are making any tart or pie dish, it is best to use molds using removable bases. Irrespective of the size you are making, demolding tart becomes much easier when you can simply pick up the base out of the edges, thus making sure you don't damage this crusted beauty. These molds are available easily on Amazon. Here's the link to the mold I used:https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B013LSD96O/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1Can I make Quiche ahead of Time?Yes you may divide your Quiche to two days, upon your convenience. However, this is mostly for the crust part. In order to this, you may prepare your dough, flatten and bake the crust a day ahead and make the Quiche the next day.In case you are really short on time on the day you plan on serving the Quiche. You may bake it (75%) a day prior and then fully bake it prior to serving, so it regains its freshness. Getting onto the Recipe Now
- 8-9" Pie / Tart Mold
- Gas/Induction Stove
- Oven or Microwave Oven
- 1 Pie Crust (linked both above and below)
- 200 g Chicken Thighs diced
- 100 g Mushrooms diced
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese
- 50 g Salted Butter
- 3 Eggs
- ½ cup Whole Milk
- ½ cup Full Fat Cream
- 3 tbsp Shredded Parsley
- Salt to Taste
- Black Pepper to Taste
- Red Chili Powder or Cayenne Pepper to Taste
- ½ White Onions or Spring Onions (White Part) diced
- 2 tbsp Garlic chopped
- Start by making sure your Pie Crust is either ready (half baked) or is being baked in the Oven. The entire recipe for Homemade Pie Crust is linked below and above.
- To make the mixture, start by taking a Skillet on Medium Heat. Add butter and let it melt. Once melted, add in garlic followed by onions.
- When both garlic and onions are Golden Brown - add in the Chicken and Mushrooms and give it a good stir.
- Let both Chicken & Mushrooms cook at this point. In 5-10 minutes, once done - add in all the seasonings: salt, pepper and red chili powder, give it a good mix.
- Take it off heat and add 2 tbsp. of chopped Parsley and mix well. Next, start preparing the Egg Mixture.
- In a bowl combine Eggs and whisk well. Once done, add in the both the Cream and Milk and give it a good mix. Add in Salt and Pepper here as well, according to taste. At this point, have your shredded cheese ready.
- In your 70% cooked Quiche Crust, add in the Chicken and Mushroom mixture. Follow this up with the Egg Mixture and finally top it up with good amount of Shredded Cheese. Once done, keep it in a Pre-Heated Oven to bake at 180°C for 20ish minutes. Tent it with a Foil in case it's browning quickly.
- Once baked, let it cool down before taking it out of the Mold and garnish with remaining Parsley. Let it come to room temperature before you cut it as well. serve fresh!
Another rich savory dish. It all seems so easy when you're using store bought crust. But it's always fun to make your own crust. Click on the link below, if you decide to go the extra step ahead. Do tag me and connect with me on Instagram @boy.eatsworld.
More Like This: