This recipe was inspired by my favorite Brunch Place in Delhi, The Grammar Room. They serve these beautiful skillet cookies with warm milk just as you would prepare them for Santa. However, this rendition has toffee vanilla ice cream on top and it makes for an appetizing dessert, especially if you love gooey cookies.
World of Cookies
I absolutely love cookies. I think they are easier to prepare than cakes. They last longer – ranging from 10 days to almost two weeks if stored in correct conditions. Longevity meets versatility is the perfect way to describe cookies. As I wrote my love for cookies before, this blog has few cookie recipes which you would enjoy making as well.
Here are some more cookie recipes from the blog for you:
Add Ice Cream or Milk on top – which would further soften these cookies, and will make you fall in love with these.
Which Cast Iron Skillet I Can Use?
Generally, skillet cookies are made in bigger pans like 9 or 12 inches. However, as you are know – I like to bake in smaller batches. Due to which, I have baked my skillet cookie is a mere 6 inch Pan.
Your Cast Iron Pan needs to Oven Friendly, most of which are. If you only have a 9 or 12 inch Skillet with you, multiply the recipe by 1.5x and 2x respectively.
Although, if you too like you desserts in smaller batches, click here to go to the amazon link for 6 inch skillet pan.
Which Chocolate Chips Can I Use?
There are a variety of Chocolate Chips available in the market, ranging from gourmet to basic. You may use any chocolate chips you have at home – be it white, milk or dark. For this one, I used twin chocolate chips, from urban platter. These ones are a blended mix of both white and dark chocolate, giving me flavors from both in my cookie. Attaching the link here.
- 6 inch Skillet Pan (Linked Above)
- Measuring Spoons & Cups
- 1¼ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Caster Sugar
- 1 Small Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips
- 3 Scoops of Ice Cream or ¼ cup Warm Milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Keep you Skillet ready.
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and sieve until fine.
- On a low to medium heat, heat your Cast Iron Skillet. Add butter and let it melt completely. Next, add both brown sugar and caster sugar and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together Egg and Egg Yolks until mixed. Add this to the butter-sugar mix and keep stirring until combined. Mix it quickly, so the eggs don't cook. Next, add the Vanilla Extract and mix well.
- Once done, add in the dry ingredients in batches of two, and mix well using a Spatula until it combines properly and no dry flour is visible.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until combined. Keep the skillet in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until when the cookie is baked.
- Serve warm with warm milk or Vanilla Ice Cream and enjoy!
Someone once rightly said “a recipe has no soul, you must bring soul to the recipe”, so here I am, trying to bring my passion for food into easy to make recipes from around the world.
My name is Sohail Nath and I welcome you to my happy place, @boy.eatsworld.
This blog, my creativity’s nest covers travel inspirations, authentic yet homemade recipe and food blogs.