Fries Fries Fries! Said it thrice, cause once was enough. Everybody loves fries, don't they? This is just another way to make French Fries at home. Let's just say, it's just a more Michelin way of eating fries, powdered with dry herbs, sea salt and parmesan cheese! To Double Fry or to not to?I always recommend double frying, whether it's this recipe or even just some chicken breasts. It adds to the crunch, leaving the fries and the outside layer of flour, more crispy. It's better recommended to cool your fries before sending them for second fry. Cutting your FriesIf you're looking for crispy fries, remember to cut your potatoes thinly. The thicker the fries, the more softer they will be, because of extra amount of potato inside them. So cut them long & thin.
- Deep Frying Pan
- 4 Large Potatoes (thinly sliced)
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
- 1 tbsp Basil (either dry or fresh)
- 1 tbsp Cilantro
- 2 tbsp Parsley (either dry or fresh)
- 2 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp Flaked Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Truffle Oil/Shaved Truffle (optional)
- On high heat, keep a pan for it to heat. Add a reasonable (6-8 cups) amount of oil to fry your thinly sliced potatoes. Once the oil is hot (180°C), add the potatoes in batches and fry until golden (2-3 minutes)
- Remove the potatoes and place them on a paper towel to drain. Give them 10 minutes to cool down before frying them again. You can start making the salted mix during this time.
- To make the mix, combine basil, parsley, oregano, salt, & garlic powder in a bowl and mix well. Do a Taste Check to check for salt and seasoning.
- When you fry your potatoes again, they would come out more golden and crispy. Let them drain for a second and immediately mix with the herbed salt. Follow this up with some grated Parmesan and toss well.
- If you have truffle at home, toss them up with some grated truffle or slightly brush with Truffle Oil before tossing with cheese and herbs. Have fun with one, goes well with Burgers!
There you have it. Herb Salted Parmesan Optional Truffle Fries, or in other words Michelin Fries!
More Like This: