A sweet & tangy thai sauce, the peanut sauce is the go-to thai accompaniment in the south eastern country. Usually paired with Chicken Satay, it not only nourishes the flavours of the skewer-chicken dish but also adds to it. Again, made with basic thai ingredients, this sauce is a must when you are planning a Thai night at home. Not only used with Chicken Satay, you can also use this sauce as a dressing over Thai Salads, and on the sides with all Thai mains. A great side with Burmese food as well.
- 100 ml Coconut Milk
- 90 gms Peanut Butter (6 Tbsp)
- 15 gms Red Thai Curry Paste (Homemade or Market Bought) (1 Tbsp)
- 15 ml Maple Syrup (2 Tbsp)
- 30 ml Soy Sauce (1 Tbsp)
- 100 ml Water
- Pinch of Salt
- Fresh Coriander, finely chopped for garnishing
- Chopped Peanuts for garnishing
- To make this condiment begin by taking a medium size bowl
- Now add the peanut butter to the bowl, using a spatula. Also add Red Thai Curry Paste, Soy Sauce and the Maple Syrup altogether.
- Take a whisk and mix all these ingredients well, together.
- Now add coconut milk to the paste and mix well.
- If the coconut milk you are using is too watery, then it is advisable to use less water. But if the consistency is more then add 100 ml of water. See what suits your sauce more.
- After mixing all the ingredients add salt according to your taste. Just a bit, as you have already some soy sauce to the condiment.
- Transfer it in your desired dish & garnish the condiment with coriander and peanuts. Serve Fresh!
The go-to Thai Sauce can be made very easy, only with a handful of ingredients. So what are you waiting for? Make it now with some Chicken Satay.
More Like This: