If you’re looking for the easiest and the most versatile seafood recipe, look no further than this Spanish recipe of Prawns Gambas Pil Pil. I say versatile because you can eat it with italian food, spanish food with brunch, lunch or dinner.I say easy because it only requires 5 ingredients and takes only 15 minutes. The best way to serve this recipe is with bread. You can dip the bread in the herbed chilli better and enjoy it with these fantastic shrimps. You only need Oil, Garlic, Parsley and well of course, Prawns to make this recipe!What kind or prawns can you use:You can use literally any kind of prawns here, from tiger to shrimps. The prawns would have to be deveined and deshelled. But, you can have them with a tail. If you do not want to deshell your prawns, do them on a barbeque, a grill or an oven. Wash your prawns before use!Since the recipe is short, let’s keep the info short as well:
- Gas/Induction Stove
- Garlic Rocker (Optional)
- 500 gm Large Shrimps (The weight will definitely change with different sizes of shrimp whether with tail or not). This is half of what I used in my recipe.
- 8 tbsp Olive oil
- 30 gm Chopped Garlic
- 20 gm Chopped Parsley
- Red Chilli Flakes to Taste
- Salt to Taste
- Take a Pan or a Skillet (you can use a Cast Iron or a Terracotta pan as well, and serve in it), put it on Medium Heat and add all the oil here.
- After a couple of minutes, when the oil is a little hot, add all the garlic.
- Whilst the garlic is being sauteed, add red chilli flakes & salt.
- When you think garlic is about 50ish percent done, add the shrimp and mix well. Let the shrimps cook. They will start curling up. Make sure they cook properly on both the sides.
- Top up with Parsley! And do a Taste Check!! Put seasonings as required and serve fresh & hot.
This is a great recipe and I would most definitely recommend making it. Serve hot, with fresh bread and enjoy as a Tapas Starter. I experimented with this recipe a bit more and tried it with Spaghetti, here’s the recipe for it:
More like this: