The name says Pre-Workout, but this bowl can be made and had Post-Workout just as well. The ingredients used in the bowl will remain the same, just your choice of supplement would change. What are Smoothie Bowls?These are Smoothies, but with Toppings ,kinda like Frozen Yoghurts! A variety of flavours can be made with Smoothie Bowls! The toppings can include anything like Granolas, Healthy & Super Seeds, Dried and Fresh Fruits and also some Chocolate Chips! Differing from Smoothies, the quantity of milk in Smoothie Bowls is a bit less, giving just a bit thicker consistency to accompany the toppings right!Frozen Fruits!The recipe can be made using Frozen Bananas The best way to do this is to freeze Bananas in a Ziploc bag possibly overnight or 4-8 hours. This way you don't need to add ice to your smoothie, thus not receding the flavour of the fruit.ToppingsThe toppings you want to add depends upon, what you like and what you don't. Here are the toppings I used to make the bowl my own. 1. Sports Mix by Nutty Gritties https://www.amazon.in/Nutty-Gritties-Sports-Mix-Blueberries/dp/B07WBY2FDQ?th=12. Super Seeds Mix by Nutty Grittieshttps://nuttygritties.com/collections/trail-mixes-seeds/products/super-seeds-mix-200g3. Milk & White Chocolate Chips4. Fresh Bananas! Storage & to make a Habit.One fine day, when you are not feeling lazy, make 5-6 such Ziploc bags of bananas and freeze them. Use them as and when required. They can be kept frozen for up to 180 days!Let's get onto the recipe!
- Food Processor/Blender
To make the Smoothie
- 2 Bananas (preferably frozen)
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 5-6 Cubes of Ice not required if working with frozen bananas
- 2 tbsp Pre or Post Workout Supplement (optional)
- ½ cup Milk more if required
For the Toppings
- ¼ cup Sports Mix by Nutty Gritties
- ⅛ cup Super Seeds Mix by Nutty Gritties
- ½ Banana
- 2 tbsp Chocolate Chips
- To make the smoothie, begin by combining all the ingredients mentioned above in a blender. Use Ice in case you aren't using Frozen Fruits!
- The quantity of milk will correspond to ice used as well, to meet the right texture consistency and texture. If you are not using ice, then quantity of milk might increase else the smoothie is bound to thicken.
- Once you have blended all the ingredients listed, transfer to two bowls of your choice and add toppings as required. Keep taste checking, I am guilty of finishing a bowl while keep tasting it. It turned out really good!
This easy recipe to make Smoothie Bowls is a great way to pack all the nutrients in your body, especially for Chocolate Lovers! From nuts, seeds to dried and fresh fruits, this bowl is a hearty meal of it's own! Try it out and let me know in the ratings below when you make this bowl.
More Like This: