Smoothies are a great way to start your day. It can pack nutrients, vegetables and fruits the way you like it. Moreover, if you use Lean or Whey Powder in your Fitness Regime, it's great to add in the smoothie as well. This smoothie recipe features only 3 ingredients: Mango, Banana & Milk! My memory of this refreshing Mango Smoothie, dates back to my vacations in Thailand. It was just a great thing to have to start your day there. Why Banana?Yes it does sound weird mixing Mangoes with Bananas but don't worry, the bananas are only there as a natural sweetener. The flavor of bananas is close to invisible but, it adds both to the texture of the Smoothie and the sweetness in taste. Frozen Fruits! The recipe is made using Frozen Fruits. The best way to do this is to freeze both Mangoes & Bananas in a Ziploc bag possibly overnight or 4-8 hours. This way you don't need to add ice to your smoothie, thus not receding the flavor of these fruits. Storage & to make a Habit. One fine day, when you are not feeling lazy, make 5-6 such Ziploc bags of bananas and mangoes and freeze them. Use them as and when required. They can be kept frozen for up to 180 days! I guess you are sorted even after the Mango season. Moving onto the easiest recipe now!
- Food Processor/Blender
- 1 Mango (cubes) frozen
- 1 Banana frozen
- 1 cup Cold Milk more if required to achieve desired consistency
- 2-3 Mint Leaves for garnishing
- Add all the ingredients into a Blender. Depending upon how heavy duty your blender is, feel free to add the fruits in 2-3 batches, to ensure proper blending.
- When all these ingredients are blended, check for consistency, coolness & sweetness. You may add more Milk, few Ice Cubes or even a small amount of Caster Sugar respectively to achieve your desired result!
- Store mangoes and bananas for future, use as and when needed.
It is to be noted that, you can substitute Milk with both Lactose Free and Almond Milk, depending upon your preferences. All listed ingredients are required in quantities of 1, thus making it super easy to make this Smoothie. I'll make sure to create more smoothies and to share the recipes.