If you don't know already, I went to Penn State for my College. There was a Chipotle literally right opposite my apartment and it really couldn't have gotten better . My staple meal there used to be this Chicken Bowl with everything but Beans. I am sorry if you hate me for not putting beans in my bowl but you can put Beans in yours!! Before we get started, here's a quick warning, this bowl has A LOT of components! But if you love Tex-Mex and Salad, there will not be any going back. This recipe will guide you to make this one-of-a-kind Chipotle like Chicken Burrito Bowl. It will have links to detailed recipes for all the components, along with a recipe to make chicken just like the one you get at Chipotle. The ComponentsCilantro Lime White RiceThe rice used in this recipe is Cilantro & Lime Rice. Here's how you can make this rice at home. When you put rice to boil, simply add some (3 tbsp) chopped cilantro (or coriander) leaves to the rice. Once rice is done, mix with lemon juice (2 tbsp) and more cilantro to taste. Chipotle ChickenYou will find the entire recipe below. However, to make these chicken as authentic and flavorful as the ones you get at Chipotle, you would need to procure Chipotle Peppers. Chipotle Peppers are a must and here is the link to it. Please go for an overnight Marination if you can. https://www.amazon.in/Costena-Chipotle-Peppers-Adoba-Sauce/dp/B0014CVT6C/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia-wc-rsf-lq2a1_0?cv_ct_cx=chipotle+peppers&dchild=1&keywords=chipotle+peppers&pd_rd_i=B0014CVT6C&pd_rd_r=6ca2a92e-2885-4dd2-a141-d30124f3daf1&pd_rd_w=JzKao&pd_rd_wg=ukBr2&pf_rd_p=10ca1114-4e65-40fd-ac4d-6982d56699d9&pf_rd_r=4AWTEHQ0HCZT9G7HBNQM&psc=1&qid=1621596890&sr=1-1-22a6e085-98be-41d5-a416-4c8c5c75905eBeans I am not a fan of beans in my chipotle bowl. But feel free to add Black Beans or Pinto Beans, as preferred by you in your bowls. I am herewith attaching links for both these kind of beans from other blogs for your reference. https://www.culinaryhill.com/chipotle-black-beans-copycat/https://www.food.com/recipe/copycat-chipotle-pinto-beans-537506Sour Cream The balancing condiment, a chilled dip which neutralizes the spiced up flavors of Mexican food, marination and dips. Here's the link to my recipe of Sour Cream. https://boyeatsworld.in/recipes/sour-cream/GuacamoleAre you sick of paying extra for guac at Chipotle?? This recipe literally only requires few ingredients and few minutes of your time, to make a guac which tastes better than the one at Chipotle. Here's the link to this Guacamole.https://boyeatsworld.in/recipes/easy-guac-spiced-guacamole-recipe/Tomato Salsa (Mild/Hot) Yes, I know! Chipotle has many different kind of Salsas, including Verde and Corn. I just have the recipe for Mild and Hot here. The link below shows how you can make both, chunky pasta and the tex-mex kind. To make the mild salsa, follow the recipe for Chunks as written! But, to make the hot, just had more jalapeno's and Cayenne Powder (or Chili Powder) to taste. https://boyeatsworld.in/recipes/charred-tomato-salsa/Cheddar Cheese Any shredded cheese would do! Put as much as you want to put! Shredded LettuceUse fresh lettuce here, and shred them into thin slices so they mix well in your Burrito Bowl.Notes:It is to be noted that, below where I talk about construction of the bowl, I haven't used any measurements! Nobody is serving you here. If you have put your energy into making all these components, use as much as your Taste Buds would want you to use. Also, I would suggest doubling recipes of all these condiments: Salsa, Guac and Sour Cream. If you have extra, use with Nachos but you shouldn't be out of it. Moving onto the recipe now.
For the Chipotle Chicken
- 500 g Chicken Thighs cut into small cubes
- 100 g Adobo Chipotle Peppers
- 1 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice or to taste
- Salt to Taste
- Pepper to Taste
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper or Red Chilli Powder
For the Construction of Burrito Bowl (recipe above with links, and measurements to taste)
- Chipotle Chicken
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Black or Pinto Beans
- Tomato Salsa (Mild, Medium or Hot)
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Shredded Lettuce
- Tortilla on the Side optional
To make the Chicken
- Marinate the Chicken with all the ingredients listed above. I would advise you an overnight marination here. But if you are short on time and can't wait, please marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Once chicken is marinated, place a Skillet or a Pan over medium heat and add oil to it. Once the pan is heated, add the Chicken onto the pan.
- Cook for 10 minutes on both sides. Once the chicken is almost done (about 80-90%), check for taste. Add salt or more Adobo sauce if need be. Next take the pan off the gas. Let it cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Shred each piece of chicken cubes in 2 pieces and add it back to the same pan again to cook properly. Serve, when done!
To construct the Burrito Bowl
- The best way to construct the bowl would be to toss all the components (as written above, except the tortilla) in a Salad Bowl and mix properly.
- If not, you can scoop out all the components to make a bowl for yourself, just as how they do at the restaurant.
There you have it! A bowl with so many components, all coming together to make a "Feast in a Bowl" This recipe was a part of my Back to College theme. To make Panda Express like Orange Chicken, click on the link below! I have listed condiments here as well. Leave a rating or a review! If you post it on your Instagram, tag me @boy.eatsworld
More Like This: