The balancing condiment, a chilled dip which neutralizes the spiced up flavors of Mexican food, marination and dips. A very easy to make dip which is always to fun to eat with some Spicy Nachos. You can also have Sour Cream with Fajitas, Quesadillas, Enchiladas on top of my head. This is one of my favorite Mexican Sides. Ice Bath / Double Ice: Now what's new with this recipe is this method called Ice Bath (also referred as Double Ice). Some of you may already be familiar with this method. Much like the Double Boiler (where you put a sauce pan over another in hot water), here you put a bowl on top of another bowl filled with Ice.Take two bowls of different sizes. Fill the bigger bowl with Ice like a bedded layer of it. Then, add another bowl on top of it. That's it. What does it do? It thickens the cream and the yoghurt. In order to use lesser cream in this recipe and more of an alternate healthier version, yoghurt and also to achieve the right consistency in a short period time, this method is used.
- Two Bowls (Different Sizes)
- 100 ml Full Fat Cream
- 30 ml Lemon Juice (2 Tbsp)
- 30 ml Hung Curd
- Let's start with the Ice Bath. Take the bigger bowl, add ice to it (like a bed of Ice). Put another bowl on top of it.
- Add the Full Fat Cream & Lemon Juice to the bowl and start mixing using a Whisk over the bed of Ice
- You will see the cream thicken, add hung curd and whisk it further. When you feel that it's thickened enough (about 5-10 minutes), put both the bowls like this itself in the freezer.
- Your Sour Cream will be ready in 30 minutes! Enjoy!
Another recipe from the Mexican Trifecta of Dips. The best dips from around the world. Did you see that this recipe only requires 3 Ingredients !!!
More Like This: