Nothing in Greek food is complete without some Greek yoghurt and garlic. Now, this is such an easy recipe yet I see so many people shelling insane amount of money on it's not-so-fresh variants, in the general stores. A condiment which goes well with almost everything chips to pita, only requiring a handful of ingredients, this is such an interesting & delicious one to make.Here's how you can use this recipe. Have it with: : Pita Breads, Shawarmas, Kathi Rolls, Wraps, Sandwiches, with Chips & Lavaash. It's not one to skip.
- 200 gms Greek or Hung Yoghurt
- 80 gms Green Cucumber or Zucchini (Peeled, Grated & Drained)
- 20 ml Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Clove, crushed
- Lemon Juice to Taste
- Salt to Taste
- To start on Tzatziki, take a bowl and add hung curd and garlic paste to it.
- Mix both the ingredients nicely by using a whisk or a spatula.
- Now add a peeled cucumber, salt and lemon juice to the bowl and mix them well together.
- Finally add olive oil to the bowl and mix well.
- At last, cling wrap the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- And that’s it, you’re done!
A dip which balances the spicy flavor of Sumac or Zaatar. Can be served with starters and can also be served as a condiment in mains with any Mediterranean cuisine. A fresh dip!
More Like This: