As the name suggests, this Banana Bread recipe features swirls of Cinnamon & Sugar with this not-too-sweet batter of Banana Bread. If you're a fan of Snickerdoodle Cookies and Banana Bread, this should be your go-to recipe to make Banana Bread at home. Golden SugarThis is a mixture of Sugar, Brown Sugar and Cinnamon. I use this mixture to create swirls in the Banana Bread, by layering the batter along with the Golden Sugar. What kind of Bananas you need to Use?Try and use, super ripe Bananas. It's completely fine if the peel of the Banana is iodizing and is black in color. These bananas however, will be sweeter. They will also be softer, thus easier to properly mash to make the batter. I used 2 bananas in my recipe, but instead if you're looking for a stronger flavor of Banana, you should use 3 bananas.Shelf LifeThe beauty of this recipe is it's longevity. If properly stored (cling wrapped in a bread box), this bread can last you for more than a week. It will be as soft as it was earlier. You can use it with sweet spreads too, or try to make a French Toast out of it. Not a lot of people know this but Banana Breads can be very versatile and can be used for a lot of things. Anything Else?The recipe more or less is pretty straightforward. Try and use Hung or Greek Yoghurt if you have at home, that would work better. Secondly, you know your taste pallete BEST! If you like Bananas a lot, put 3! If you love Cinnamon, add more. Don't hesitate! Make this recipe your own. Moving onto the recipe now!
- 9*5 Inch Loaf Pan
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
- ¾ cup Castor Sugar
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar (if you don't have, just use 1 cup Castor Sugar instead)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 2-3 Extremely Ripened Bananas, mashed (depends on how much flavor you want, I used two)
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Butter (soft)
- ½ cup Greek Yoghurt or Hung Curd
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour or Cake Flour
- Oil for Brushing Loaf Pan
- Extra flour for Coating Loaf Pan
- Start by preheating the Oven to 180°C. Grease your loaf pan generously with Oil and dry Flour. Next, mix together ¼ cup Castor Sugar along with ¼ Brown Sugar and Cinnamon to form the Snickerdoodle Mix. Sprinkle some of it around the pan and coat generously.
- Next, take Mashed Bananas and mix it with Butter, stirring to combine. Add ½ cup remaining Sugar, along with Yoghurt, Vanilla Essence and Eggs. Whisk to combine properly.
- Combine your dry ingredients, flour, salt & baking soda. Make sure you sieve them before folding your dry ingredients into your wet. Mix well here but don't overmix.
- Pour half the batter into the loaf pan, followed by a layer of your Snickerdoodle mix. Keep repeating until you use all the batter and most of the sugar. Sprinkle the remaining sugar mix as the top layer of the bread, to pack crunch.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. All ovens work differently, yours's may take longer or shorter. Use a toothpick or a cake tester to check the center of the bread, to see if it's done. Allow to cool before serving. Enjoy the swirls of Cinnamon & Sugar.
There you have it! My first version of Banana Bread and it's absolutely brilliant. I am a big fan of Cinnamon, if you are too, start by gathering your ingredients. I will share more Banana Bread recipes as well! Until then, here are some not overly sweet recipes for your Sweet Tooth.
More Like This: