This is by far the easiest, simplest, and of the tastiest dessert recipes you will ever find. An heirloom recipe which was taught to be my mother and to her by her mother-in-law, this is my grandma's bread pudding recipe. I say easy and simple because, it only requires five basic ingredients to make this recipe and really doesn't take long.If you're ever stuck in a situation where it's someone's birthday or anniversary in 20 minutes, this is your go-to recipe for some last minute surprise celebrations. Let's get to it before I build it up super high!
- Oven or a Toaster Oven
- Oven Friendly Dish
- 3 Eggs
- 4 Sliced Breads
- 1 cup Castor Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Essence
- ⅔ cup Milk
- Cinnamon (Optional)
- Honey (Optional)
- Raisins (Optional)
- Take a bowl, add egg and sugar, whisk together until the sugar gets properly dissolved with the egg. Might create a pale-ish yellow color.
- Add in the milk and mix well. Finally, add in the Vanilla Essence into this mixture and mix well.
- Take your Dish and add Sliced Breads to it. You can either add vertically lying down or you can alternatively make layers of these breads horizontally on top of each other.
- At this point it is optional for you to let the dish be or to bake it straight away. If you aren't in a hurry, let it sit for 30 minutes to an hour so the bread soaks everything properly.
- Top it up with Cinnamon, Honey and/or Raisins, up to your pallate and put in the oven or your toaster oven
- 160°celcius for 10-15 minutes or until done. Keep a check on it, it won't take super long.
This is a great recipe. It has the simplest flavours making nothing overpowering or too sweet. Serve it after your meal for a fine pallete.
More like this: