Another healthy alternative, a warm soup for your soul whenever you're feeling down. The recipe is curated with a lot of immunity boosting ingredients including, boiled chicken, egg, turmeric, garlic & onions. Try and have this soup regularly, add it to your weekly plan, in order to ward off any symptoms for cold, flu, and/or other bacterial and viral infections. The ingredients used in this recipe are well selected, keeping in mind their uses and properties. Turmeric is a natural healer, while the chicken broth has mild anti-inflammatory benefits. Garlic has been used as an antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti fungal agent. It may help the body resist or destroy viruses and other microorganisms. It does this by boosting the immune system. Garlic is also claimed to fight infections. Carrots may give your immune system a boost. Both vitamins A and C found in carrot juice act as antioxidants and protect immune cells from free radical damage, while, It would surprise you to know that in a lot of coronavirus quarantine facilities around the world, patients in recovery are offered eggs with their daily meals.All in all, make the soup, and have it with your loved ones. It won't take you more than 20 minutes to make (providing if you have boiled chicken). You can store this in fridge for the next 3-4 days, and the flavor, the taste gets only better and better as the flavor amalgamates. Make it, have it and love it! Have a Dutch Oven at Home? Use it for this recipe.
- Saucepan or a Dutch Oven
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- ¾ cups Chopped Onions (approximately 1 onion)
- 1 Celery Stalk (thinly sliced)
- 1 Carrot (thinly sliced)
- ½ cups Button Mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 5 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 2 cups Chicken Stalk
- 2 cups Water
- 2 Thyme Sprigs
- 1 Egg
- 1 Bay Leaf
- ¼ cup Boiled Chickpeas
- 400 g Boiled Chicken (Shredded)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Take a sauce pan or a Dutch oven over Medium Heat. Add Oil to it, along with onion, celery, carrots. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Next, add mushrooms and garlic and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken stock, along with water. Also add, thyme, bay leaf, and chickpeas. Let it simmer.
- Next, add in shredded chicken along with salt, turmeric powder and red chili powder. Cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until done.
- When done, remove the bay leaf and sprigs. Add in the egg, beat the egg before. Keep adding the egg slowly, and wherever you are adding it, keep stirring using a fork, like a mini whirlpool. Once egg is mixed, check for taste and have hot & fresh.
This soup has a lot, a lot of ingredients and it's not necessary to add them all. You can skip a few, add what you like and what you have available at home, it will taste perfectly fine. This is a Protein Rich soup, with Immunity Boosting Ingredients.
More Like This: