An easy snack! Correction, an easy healthy snack and an immunity booster. This recipe features Avocados and Eggs in its truest form, without any oil, butter and unnecessary jing-jang. The bread used in this recipe is the whole wheat bread baguette, and you can find the link for the same right here. Just remember, to scrap of the garlic powder and use mix of whole wheat flour and all purpose flour. https://boyeatsworld.in/recipes/breads/italian-bread-baguette/Avocados & Poached Eggs- how do they help you?Vitamins A, C, and E are all present in the flesh of tasty avocados — and in this case they’re as immunity boosting as they are delicious. Eating avocados could help ward off illnesses and runny noses, simply by helping your immune system fight off bacterial attack. While poached eggs on the other hand are the best form of eggs. Eggs contain all the nutrients that the body needs to produce energy. A healthy immune system: The vitamin A, vitamin B-12, and selenium in eggs are key to keeping the immune system healthy.LayersThis recipe intensifies all the flavours using it's layers. The base is the bread, a soft while crusty baguette or a sub bread (toasted of course). The same is followed by an optional layer of cream cheese. Next, is my favourite, layer of mashed up Avocados. To do the same, I add salt and a bit of cayenne pepper (or red chilli powder) to my mashed avocados. This is followed by a layer of raw round onions and finally, poached eggs. Have a bite, you'll be left hungry for more. Having trouble Poaching Eggs?Yes, I agree it can be very very tricky. Normally, what you do is put 3-4 quartz of water in a large vessel and wait for it to come to a boil. Right before dropping the egg in, you create this whirlpool, in order for your yolk to get tied down in between the egg whites. To ease the process, you can buy these Egg Poachers from Joseph Joseph. Simple drop the egg in it for an easy poach. Here's the link to it:https://www.myntra.com/kitchen-tools/joseph-joseph/joseph-joseph-yellow-set-of-2-egg-poachers/12184164/buy?utm_source=perf_google_PLA&utm_medium=perf_google_PLA&utm_campaign=PLA-SmartShopping-Top-Category&gclid=Cj0KCQjwppSEBhCGARIsANIs4p43LXY9SWiIvtNO6KH3Y-w12m-U2DAmyfzrGDJ0wOChz4oQrel5394aAsr5EALw_wcBLet's get to it now.
- Large Vessel
- Egg Poacher (Optional)
- 2 Slices Bread/Baguette
- 2 tbsp Cream Cheese (Optional)
- 1/2 Avocado (Mashed and mixed with Salt & Red Chilli Powder)
- 2 Eggs
- ⅛ Onion (Cut into circles)
- Take your slice of bread, and toast it. Once toasted, spread it with cream cheese generously.
- Next, take 1/2 an avocado and mash it. Remember, to use Wooden Utensils only when working with Avocados. Mix the mashed avocados with salt and cayenne pepper (or red chilli pepper)
- Add the layer of avocado onto the cream cheese followed by some raw onions, to add to the crunch of the crispy bread.
- Finally, add your poached eggs. Normally, what you do is put 3-4 quartz of water in a large vessel and wait for it to come to a boil. Right before dropping the egg in, you create this whirlpool, in order for your yolk to get tied down in between the egg whites. Alternatively, you can use an Egg Poacher as well.
- That's it- there's your healthy immunity-boosting layered toast with Avocados and Eggs!
More Like This: