Trying to beat the summer heat, or looking to have a fun time with your Friends & Family, which one is it? This cocktail pitcher covers it all. A cool fresh cocktail, blended with ginger & mint, this Moscow Mule is a treat to your thirsty taste buds. Ginger AleAlso known as Ginger Beer, this is a fizzy drink which you can get at your local stores. If using a heavier more sweeter Ginger Ale, like Schweppes, please reduce the quantity by 20-25 % and substitute the same with water instead. However, if you're using a lighter version of Ginger Ale, like Sepoy or Fever Tree, use as per the prescribed recipe. Fresh IngredientsI can't stress this enough, use fresh ingredients only to not compromise the freshness in this cocktail. Did I say fresh too many times? Try and use freshly plucked mint, fresh lemon juice, and grated raw ginger, to maximize the blend of sweet & sour flavors. Liquor Like most Moscow Mules, this recipe too uses Vodka! There are not a lot of substitutes but here, but off the top of my head, you can use White Rum (Bacardi) instead. Moving onto the recipe now:
- 200 ml Your Favorite Vodka (don't measure if you don't want to)
- 30 ml Lemon Juice
- 8-10 Cubes of Ice
- 7-10 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 tbsp Fresh Grated Ginger
- 400 ml Ginger Ale
- Water to Taste as Required
- Some Lemon Slices
- In a pitcher, add lot of Ice. Follow it up with some Ginger & Lemon Slices.
- Add Vodka next and mix well. Then, add Ginger Ale and Lemon Juice. Keep tasting at this point!
- Top up your pitcher with Fresh Mint Leaves, and Water to taste & to fill up the pitcher.
There you have it, a summer's drink! A Mint Moscow Mule!! Thank me when you get tipsy and do tag me on Instagram @boy.eatsworld. More cocktail recipes coming soon, until then do try the Rosemary Gin Fizz, linked down below. Cheers!
More Like This: