Are you always looking out for a good burger sauce? Or are you one of those people who call Mcdonald’s up asking for Tom Mayo in their burger. Well if you do, you are in for a real treat over here. Made mostly with Ketchup and Mayonnaise, this Burger Sauce packs in tinges of flavour using other condiments and seasonings and is a MUST to have in your fridge.
Ingredients & Brands:
1. Mayonnaise – majority of this sauce is made using mayonnaise. You can use both with-egg and eggless, that’s totally up to you. Launched just recently in India, I would recommend you to go with Hellman’s mayonnaise for this recipe.
2. Ketchup – next in the list is the most famous dip in the world : tomato ketchup! You can go with either Heinz or Maggi’s ketchup. Both have great flavours and work really well with this recipe.
3. Mustard – I have used a tinge of mustard just to add that zing. You can substitute this with Pickle Relish as well. When using Mustard, I always recommend using American Garden brand. If you really mustard in your cheeseburgers, I would urge you to double its quantity.
4. Worcestershire Sauce – This sauce just like Mustard, has been used in very small quantity to add a bit of flavour of umami and soy. If you don’t have best you skip it! For this sauce as well, try using American Garden brand.
5. & 6. Sea Salt & Paprika – You can use sea salt, pink salt and even garlic salt. Salt is something which well help bring in all the flavours together. For paprika, you can use whatever is available. If you don’t have it at home, you can use red chilli powder as well to add just a bit of spiciness to your dip.
Storing this Epic Sauce
Its very easy to store this sauce. If you really enjoy eating sandwiches and burgers – I would recommend doubling the quantity for this recipe to make a bigger batch and store it for your future needs.
You can store it in an airtight container or in a a bowl by covering it will cling wrap. Be sure to refrigerate the dip while storing it. The dip uses preservatives from the condiments use to stay fresh.
For the best flavour, I would recommend you to use it with 4-5 days, a week max.
What can I have this sauce with?
- Cup Measurers
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup Ketchup
- ½ tbsp Mustard
- ½ tsp Worchestire Sauce
- ½ tsp Paprika or to taste
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt or Garlic Salt
- In a bowl using a whisk, start by mixing Mayonnaise and Ketchup until it reaches a reddish pink hue and is completely combined.
- To this, add Mustard and Worchestire Sauce to add a zing of flavour. Mix well until combined.
- Finally, add in the seasonings - Salt and Paprika. Mix well and refrigerate for 10 minutes before serving.
- Store this sauce in an airtight container for future use. It should be good for the first 3 to 5 days. Enjoy!
Someone once rightly said “a recipe has no soul, you must bring soul to the recipe”, so here I am, trying to bring my passion for food into easy to make recipes from around the world.
My name is Sohail Nath and I welcome you to my happy place, @boy.eatsworld.
This blog, my creativity’s nest covers travel inspirations, authentic yet homemade recipe and food blogs.