A vegetarian version of my Meat Patty, this recipe is just as flavorful. This recipe will help you create a delectable soft, yet crispy patty made of Potatoes & Peas, among others. The construction of this burger is fairly easy just requires, good burger buns, lettuce, onions & tom mayo. More about this below.The ComponentsBrioche Burger BunsI am a carb person, the buns matter equally to me as the patty. If the buns are crumbly, not fresh or just making a mess at every bite I take, then the buns are not right. If you're looking to go two steps further to make buns at home, click on the link below:https://boyeatsworld.in/recipes/breads/homemade-brioche-burger-buns/The PattyThe recipe for this soft yet crispy patty can be found below. The bread crumbs and the corn flour mixture, makes this patty crispy, without deep frying it. Veggies & Cheese You can play around this burger a lot, and make it your one. Some ingredients which you may enjoy our onions, lettuce &tomatoes (if you are a tomatoes person). Adding cheese or not adding, is totally up-to you as well. The Sauce- Tom MayonnaiseA sauce, which is usually served by McDonald's. Tom mayo is just a mix of Mayonnaise, Ketchup, and Chilli Sauce (a bit). Try making at home, it goes great with this burger and some French Fries as well. Let's get started with the recipe now.
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
For the Patty
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic chopped
- 1 Medium Sized Onion chopped
- 3 tbsp Green Peas/Edamame blanched
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder (or to taste)
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 3-4 Green Chillis chopped
- 2 Potatoes (Large) mashed
- Salt to Taste
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 100 ml Water cold`
- 1½ cup Bread Crumbs
- Vegetable Oil to Fry
For The Burger
- Burger Buns (Homemade Brioche Buns)
- Cheese (optional)
- Tom Mayonnaise
To make the Patty
- In a pan over medium heat and heat oil. Next add & sauté garlic, onions and green peas/ edamame till soft.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and green chillies.Keep the mixture aside to cool. Once cool, mix it with potatoes properly.
- Make a cornflour and refined flour slurry and keep aside. Simply, combine the corn flour, refined flour and water to make the slurry. Ensure it's not stuck to the bottom of the bowl.
- Make burger patty of the potato and peas mix and dip it in the slurry followed by bread crumbs (on both sides). Fry the same on a skillet on medium to high heat. Repeat the same for all patties.
- Heat till crispy on outside and cooked till center on the inside. Serve fresh in Buns!
For the Burger
- Once your patty is almost cooked, add in your sliced cheese.
- Toast your buns. Alternatively, you can heat them up in a tawa as well. Put Tom Mayo on both sides of the buns, generously. Add in your optional bed of veggies (lettuce, tomatoes or raw onions).
- Add in your meat patty along with cheese and cover with the top half of the bun. Serve hot and eat fresh.
This was my take on a Aloo Tikki Burger. Did I give McDonald's a run for their money? Let me know in the review below! If you remake this at home, tag me on Instagram @boy.eatsworld Till then, here are some more Vegetarian Recipes for your taste palette!
More Like This: