Hummus is a dip served in Middle Eastern Countries. It's mostly had with Pita Breads or Lavaash. It's also great to serve in Wraps, or with Shawarmas. A great and a healthy dip, made primarily with boiled Chickpeas. This is my take on a flavorful Hummus! Do you really have to plan a day ahead?No, you don't have to but it will be better. I always prefer using freshly soaked Chickpeas than Canned, due to the freshness in flavor. But if you are in urgent need of a Hummus, feel free to use Canned Chickpeas! Substitutes of Tahini?Tahini is a very important ingredient for this recipe and it's best that you do use it! However, if you don't have it or if it's not available near you, add some toasted Sesame Seeds along with the water, from the soaked chickpeas to add to the flavor of the dip. GarnishingThere are various ways to garnish your Hummus dip. You can drizzle some extra Olive Oil, or even Chili Oil. To add heat to the dip, you can season it with Paprika (or red chili powder), or maybe Peri Peri as well. Moreover, you can also add a couple of soaked chickpeas along with some fresh parsley! The world is your Hummus. Moving onto the recipe now.
- Food Processor/Blender
- 1 cup Slow-Soaked Chickpeas or Canned Chickpeas (soaked overnight, retain water)
- ¼ cup Tahini Paste
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1-2 clove Garlic (crushed)
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice (or to taste)
- Chopped Parsley, Paprika, Peri Peri, Olive Oil to Garnish (Optional)
- Put everything except the Garnish Ingredients in a Food Processor to blend. If the paste is coming out very thick, add some water. Try and add the Soaked Chickpeas water here to retain the flavor. Don't add too much water. Add bit by bit until the Hummus is of desired consistency.
- Keep tasting and adjust the seasonings accordingly. It's up to you to add more salt, lemon juice, garlic or to add heat to the dip. Take it out in a bowl, and garnish with your choice of Ingredients. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes, prior to serving. If you have more time, I would suggest refrigerating for longer.
A healthy dip. A hummus! It's really easy to make provided you got the Chickpeas handy. Feel free to let me know about your experience below! If you share it on your gram, do tag @boy.eatsworld Here are some more dips for you to try at home:
More Like This: