A soft and fudgy layer of chocolate and another thin somewhat crispy level of chocolate, is what these brownies are made. So fudgy and so yum, it really doesn't get better than this.When I initially made a batch of these, I found them extremely sweet, so I worked down the granulated sugar to make these not-super-sweet fudgy olive oil brownies! This recipe requires you to melt dark chocolate using a Double Boiler Method. Now if you're new to this, this is how double boiler works:Take a big vessel, it doesn't need to be deep but just wide. Fill it with boiling water and put it on high flame. Next, keep a smaller sauce pan of top of the boiling water bed and melt your chocolate in that. Keep using a spatula at this point to continuously stir the chocolate. Let's move to the recipe now!
- Stand Mixer (Optional)
- Sauce Pan (2)
- 8*8 Inch Pan or (9*7 alternative)
- 110 ml Olive Oil (1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp.)
- 250 gms Chopped Chocolate (1 1/2 cups)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 33 gms Cocoa Powder (1/4 Cup + 1 Tbsp.)
- 40 gms All Purpose Flour (1/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- Start by preheating the oven to 104°Celsius . Also line your baking pan with parchment paper or brush with some melted butter.
- Next, melt the chocolate using the double boiler method (information on how to is written above). Keep stirring until completely melted. Remove from gas.
- Add Olive Oil to the melted chocolate and fold using a spatula until fully incorporated. Let it cool down at this point.
- In a Stand Mixer or with an Electric Mixer, beat the eggs and sugar until mixture has doubled and is pale-ish yellow in color. Add the vanilla essence and continue to beat.
- Next add the melted chocolate mixture and beat until mixed properly.
- Combine all your dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt) and sieve them.
- Add the dry mixture, one ladle at a time and keep mixing properly until all is added and well incorporated.
- Increase the temperature to 120° Celsius and bake for 40-60 minutes. It honestly depends oven to oven. You might have to top it with a aluminum foil parchment too, if its browning too fast.
- Insert a toothpick or a Cake Tester to check and then take it out.
- Hold on your excitement and let it cool down before cutting it up!
A recipe without Butter with with the same fudgy texture. This Olive Oil Chocolate Brownies are good go-to dessert when hosting your friends and family. It's always easy to share & style.
More Like This: